Monday, February 10, 2014

Veil DIY - juliet cap style

Hello there,

I've been indoor all day today, feeling a bit under the weather.  Luckily it was my day off so I could just chill out and be comfy.  I thought I would write my first wedding related post since I got engaged.  I love the idea of being able to DIY a few pretty things instead of buying them.  I'm really inspired by the modern take on the juliet bridal cap style veils that are in fashion at the moment.  I also want something quite long which pushes up the price of a store bought veil.  So I thought I might as well give it a go and see if I can create something similar at home.  Besides if it doesn't work I have plenty of time to figure something else out.
So far I've managed to buy all the materials.  I got 3 meters of tulle for less than 10 euros and some pretty daisy trimming for 18 cents.  I got a couple of clear combs for about 1.50 which I've wrapped strips of tulle around to create something to sew the tulle veil to.

My intention is to sew the combs to either side of the tulle to create a cap effect and then maybe add the trimming across the front of it.  I'll let you know how I get on!

Have any of you managed to DIY your own veil?  Even if it doesn't work out I'm enjoying experimenting with the different ways I could style this veil by placing the comb, tulle and the trimmings in different places.

Till next time :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm working on figuring out how to make my own juliet cap veil at the moment! Have you had any further success since this posting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's great that you're trying to make one too. I have a post lined up for this week about my progress so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking to make mine too so thanks for this.
    Where can I get bridal illusion tulle in dark ivory please?

    ReplyDelete